Thursday, November 10, 2011

Reasons To Be Happy

Today was an exceptionally wonderful day, and I thought I'd make a list I can look back at when I'm having a not-so-great day.

1. Woke up early. I always say that I hate waking up early, but whenever I do I feel so much better and I get a lot more done.
2. Took the effort to look decent. I wore my go-to outfit of an oversized sweater and boots. Specifically, I wore plum colored boots, skinny jeans, and a tan sweater. I also added a vintage owl necklace with turquoise eyes that used to be my grandma's.
3. Met up with my best friend. When you don't get to see people as often as you'd like, it sometimes becomes easy to forget all the reasons why you love them. It's always nice to be reminded of those reasons.
4. Went to my favorite restaurant and ordered my favorite meal. With so much pressure in the world to fit into the smallest size possible, it can be easy to look at food as the enemy. Food isn't the enemy, though, and it should definitely be enjoyed (within moderation, of course).
5. Paid for lunch. Having enough money to pay for things can be a trial these days, for sure, but it's really a nice feeling to buy something for someone else on occasion.
6. Went shopping. The term "retail therapy" exists for a reason - sometimes it really does feel nice to buy yourself some nice treats! Today's treats included  NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese, eos Lip Balm in sweet mint (which was a gift for my friend), The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson, a Great Gatsby bag, and a plush TARDIS which makes noise and lights up (the best buy EVER!). I was very happy to find the TARDIS since I went to Hot Topic and came across a Doctor Who shirt that didn't come in my size and then FYE which was sold out of Doctor Who shirts. I was so excited about the TARDIS! All of the things may seem insignificant and unimportant, but it feels nice to get those things once in a while.
7. Enjoyed the first snowfall of the season. Living in Michigan, I definitely have a love-hate relationship with snow, but the first snowfall is always magical. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our lives and our jobs and our relationships that we forget to appreciate the simple things in life - like water droplets in the air freezing and then falling to the ground.
8. Came home to my Birchbox. I'm a firm believer in sending yourself packages on occasion. Everyone likes getting gifts and everyone likes getting mail, and packages are like those two combined! One of the reasons I love Birchbox is that I get a gift for myself for only $10 a month - and it's always something I want. With the surprise of not knowing what it is, it makes it even better! It's like Christmas every month! In this month's Birchbox (which I will probably do a separate post about later), I got Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee, BORGHESE Fango Active Mud Face & Body, LaROCCA Champagne and Shimmer Supreme Cremé, Paperdolls Drink Coasters, Zoya nail lacquer in Izzy from their Gems & Jewels Collection, and BaubleBar Black Wood Pop Bracelet. I thought last month's Birchbox was great, but this one just completely topped it. It was incredible! So happy with everything I got! You can sign up for Birchbox by clicking here!
9. Enjoyed the beginning of Harry Potter Marathon Weekend on ABC Family. There's nothing like watching a good movie and getting lost in a world you enjoy. There's also nothing like watching your favorite movies on TV. You can watch them a million times on DVD, but they're always better on TV. It's kind of like when your favorite song comes on the radio.

The point is, even though life can get you down sometimes, you have to remember the good and appreciate the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment