Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Bucket List

I actually made this list when school let out just about a month ago, but didn't upload it until now because, as I said in my "Fifty Pounds" post, I didn't want to discuss my weight loss until I reached the 50 pounds lost mark. Because this bucket list mentioned that, I decided to wait to post it. Now that I've reached that goal, here it is! As I was studying for my finals, I kept thinking about all the fun and awesome things I wanted to do this summer, and decided I would write them down so I wouldn't forget. I've never really done a bucket list or anything like it, but why not start now?


You probably can't read that, but the list is:
1. Clean Room 
(and I don't mean just pick up, I mean cleaned from top to bottom, everything organized and in a proper place. I've been living at home now for over a year, and I don't think my room has ever been totally "clean".)
2. Hike Mt. Baldy
(this isn't actually a mountain, it's a huge sand dune. I haven't climbed it since I was little. There are nearly 300 stairs to the top, but the view over Lake Michigan is incredible.)
3. Organize Make-up Collection
(my make-up collection grows by the week and right now it's just piled in a huge basket. I keep the things I use most often in a make-up bag, but it's annoying to have to dig through a giant basket every time I want to do something new.)
4. Write 10 Blog Posts
(this blog post will be my 5th, so we're halfway there! Summer break started for me on April 25th.)
5. Jewelry Board
(I have had a pegbard that I've been meaning to make into a jewelry board for over a year now. Time to finish that up.)
6. Lose 30 More Pounds
(I have lost 18 pounds since writing this, so I'm more than halfway there!)
7. Go to the Beach at Least Five Times
(so far I'm at zero, but my dad just bought another house near the beach, so hopefully that will change!)
8. Go Kayaking
(I really like kayaking, but haven't gone in a couple years. Time to go!)
9. Visit a Friend
(I went and saw Sam last weekend!)
10. Get Some Sunshine
(I have a tendency to sit in my room and avoid the outdoors at all costs. Let's try not to do that this summer.)
11. Plant Vegetables/Fruits/Herbs
(I think it might be getting a bit late for this, so I better get on it.)
12. Go Berry Picking
(There's nothing better than fresh berries! And it's way cheaper to pick your own.)
13. Favorite Place
(This is my favorite place and I don't go there nearly enough. Luckily, this is where my dad just bought his new house, so I suppose that will be checked off soon.)
14. Visit Grandma & Grandpa
(They've been traveling and away all fall/winter, so I've missed them!)
15. See the Pacific Ocean
(Ideally I would like to also touch it, but that doesn't look like it will happen. All I care is that I can see it, even if it's thousands of feet in the air from an airplane window.)
16. Go to Chicago for the Day
(I really love visiting Chicago/shopping in Chicago, and it's only a couple hour train ride away. Not sure why I don't go more often. I also want to see the Chicago location of the store I work for.)
17. Get a Massage
(I used to get massages a lot because my grandma was a massage therapist, but I haven't had one in years. Standing up for hours every day can really take its toll on your body. I think I'mm due for a massage.)
18. Take Madison and John's pictures
(my niece and nephew love when I take pictures of them, so I promised I would do it again soon.)
19. Go to the Farmer's Market
(The perfect place to get cheap, healthy, locally grown food. Why do they have to be so early in the morning though? Haha)
20. Go to the zoo
(who doesn't like the zoo?)

No comments:

Post a Comment