Saturday, September 10, 2011

30 Day Creative Writing Challenge - Day 1

Early this morning I decided to change the name of my blog (or at least the URL) to "brennawritesstuff" just because I kind of want this to be about whatever I want, not just NaNoWriMo (although that will primarily be the focus). I have a Tumblr and I post unnecessary crap all over the Internet, but I kind of want this blog to be important. I want everything I put on here to take effort, time, and thought. Today I came across a 30 Day Creative Writing Challenge and I thought that might be a good way to lead up to NaNo and kind of get the creative juices flowing a little. This is going to be a bit hard for me because I am so self-conscious of my writing (or anything, lol). I never think it's good and, ugh, I don't know, haha, but I have to get over my fear. I did also find a 30 day NaNo challenge, so I'll be beginning that on October 1st. Because of that, I'll be excluding about 8 or so days of the challenge I'll be doing this month so that I don't have to post more than one per day. The 30 Day Creative Challenge is as follows:

"Write creatively. Any style/form goes.

  • Day 1: Something you love.
  • Day 2: A couple.
  • Day 3: Your favorite food.
  • Day 4: A pair of eyeglasses.
  • Day 5: Something historical.
  • Day 6: Family.
  • Day 7: A pet who is loved.
  • Day 8: Something personal.
  • Day 9: A love poem.
  • Day 10: Something you hate.
  • Day 11: An adventure!
  • Day 12: A favorite memory.
  • Day 13: 'Remember that time when...'
  • Day 14: Friends.
  • Day 15: A challenge.
  • Day 15: Faeries.
  • Day 17: Old friends.
  • Day 18: Explosions!
  • Day 19: Pirate-Ninja-Zombie Wars.
  • Day 20: A short fanfic.
  • Day 21: Something...erotic. (I'll probably be skipping this day! LOL)
  • Day 22: Something irritating.
  • Day 23: An argument.
  • Day 24: An important conversation in the style of a movie script.
  • Day 25: Volcanoes!
  • Day 26. Yourself.
  • Day 27: Your parents.
  • Day 28: A suicide note.
  • Day 29: An idea.
  • Day 30: Triumph!"
So here we go...DAY 1!

Something you love
Well, something I love is reminiscing, and yesterday I came across a box full of notebooks (probably close to 30 of them) filled with journal entries, poems, songs, etc., that I wrote when I was a teenager, so I'm going to cheat a little today and put one of those as today's post. I don't actually remember writing this, but it is in my handwriting and I searched on Google but came up with nothings, so I'm assuming I did in fact write it. If not, that's embarrassing, haha. I've edited a bit of it, so I guess I'm still creatively writing ;)
"I looked into her eyes - eyes that told stories of things I had yet to discover, and maybe never would. They were deep with wisdom, deeper with sympathy, and deeper still in those blue eyes was a plea to me - a plea to let go of my demons. And in those eyes I wanted to find a reason to let go of my past, to forget the demons that now haunted me. I wanted so badly to do what she wanted, but the power, the lust, of the demons was unconquerable. 
I had been faced with everything - death of myself, as well as friends and family, jail, homelessness, and, most of all, heartbreak. Often heartbreak. No one would stay with someone who undoubtedly had a love much greater than the one that existed for them. They knew they were not my real significant other. Those highs were what I lived for. The love of substances far greater, far more powerful, than my love for another human being ever could be. Somehow I had convinced myself that all I needed in my life were the highs, that it would never hurt anyone besides me. I was dead wrong, but I couldn't see it then. Perhaps I never really would."

No comments:

Post a Comment