Sunday, September 11, 2011

30 Day Creative Writing Challenge - Day 2

As you know, yesterday I started the 30 Day Creative Writing Challenge, and, while I should be sleeping, I thought I should probably do the second day of the challenge. What's the point of a challenge if you don't put some effort into it? And, let me tell you, this one was effort. I haven't written more than 5 poems in the last 4 years, and so that's what I set out to do today. I have never set out to purposely write a poem. During the time in my life when I was writing a lot of poems, I still never set out to purposely write something - it always just came to me. I knew pretty much what I wanted to write about, I just didn't know how I wanted to say it. So after trying multiple methods and twisting and turning on my bed for an hour and a half, this is what I came up with.

Day 2

A couple (I stretched this idea a bit, since it's not actually based off of a couple, but I'm sure many couples could relate to it)

Rain slaps against the window
The world could be ending
But all I can feel are
Hands
The smell of your skin
Innocence meets decisions
But all I can think of are
Lips
Sounds of breathing
The movement of bodies
And I realize this is not
Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment