Friday, October 28, 2011

Beauty & Fashion Challenge

1. You with makeup on:
Honestly it's 3:30 in the morning. You're not getting that out of me now. I'm sure I'll post a picture at some point.

2. Your favorite bag that you own:
This one, which I bought at Wet Seal about 2 years ago on clearance for less than $5. And since it was part of their Buy 1, Get 1 for a Penny sale, I got another purse which is equally as cute for just a penny more. One of my best purchases ever.


3. Your hairstyle:
I don't often do much with my hair. After I get out of the shower, I wrap my hair up in a towel and let it dry that way for 5-10 minutes, then I take it out and let it air dry for another 5-10 minutes. At this point my hair is damp, but not soaking wet. I then use my Orofluido Elixr Hair Serum. It is one of my favorite things in the whole world. I rub a pea-size amount between my hands, and then run it through my hair, especially focusing on the ends of my hair and avoiding the roots. I then blow-dry my hair upside down until it's completely dry. After that I just flip it over, part it to the side and I'm done. Occasionally I will add in my Garnier Fructis Brilliantine Shine Spray for a little extra shine, but not every day. For hairspray, on the occasional day I do use it, I switch between Aussie's Sun-Touched Hi-Hold + Hi-Shine Hairspray, Got2b Smooth Operator Smoothing Hairspray, and Aussie's Catch the Wave Sprunch Hairspray.

4. Your favorite foundation:
I swear by Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation. I've used it for at least the last 5 years. It's inexpensive and the coverage is fantastic.

5. An outfit that is totally you:
I'm very much just a jeans and sweater or cardigan girl. I don't think that requires a picture.

6. Your favorite makeup brand:
I suppose Maybelline since I wear their foundation and mascara, although I don't actually care that much. The only brand I really care about when it comes to beauty products is Befine, but they don't make makeup (yet!).

7. Your Favorite item of clothing:
My oversized sweater that I got from where I work. I'd show you a picture, but I don't want to make it obvious where I work. Just trust me, it's adorable.


8. A photo of you getting fashion wrong:
Skipping? Haha

9. Your favorite pair of shoes
A pair of dark purple boots that I just bought a couple days ago. So cute!

10. Current fashion/style you like:
Oversized sweaters, jeans, and boots! I've been wearing it every day.

11. Bag you want to have:
I don't need any more bags. I have like 20. Trying to cut back, haha.

12. Your favorite color of clothing:
I've been noticing that I tend to go for blacks and grays a lot. I really need to stop that.

13. Photo of your fashion/style icon:I honestly don't have one.

14. Photo of a hairstyle/haircut you'd like to have:I am a-okay with what I have :)

15. Your favorite piece of jewelry:
Well, I just bought these earrings at Forever 21 a couple weeks ago and I LOVE them. The color on them is actually much more vibrant in person and they're also bigger than they look. They're perfect for fall and SO cheap.

16. A celebrity whose fashion you don't like:
I honestly don't pay attention to the fashion of celebrities enough to care whether or not I like a certain person's style or not.

17. Fashion pieces on your to-buy list:Well those purple boots have been on the list for a month or so, so I guess I need to make a new list :)

18. Your favorite beauty guru:
MissGlamorazzi, by far.

19. Your favorite look from a beauty expert:
I quite enjoy this fall makeup tutorial from MissGlamorazzi. I've been wearing it almost everyday.

20. Your favorite mascara:
Maybelline's Falsies Mascara in blackest black. I swear by it. I occasionally do use blinc Mascara too.

21. Your favorite lipstick:
Maybelline ColorSensational in Pink Satin (120).

22. Your beauty tips for a big night out:
Statement lipstick :)

23. Your best bargain makeup item:Nyx Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Eyeshadow in Mink ($2.99 @ Ulta), and this e.l.f. palette. It's only $9.99 and has some of the best eye shadows I've ever used. Whoever said that expensive was better, never tried this palette.

24. Your new favorite beauty product:
Befine's Firming Toner.

25. Your daily beauty routine:Morning - I use Befine's Gentle Cleanser to wash my face (1-2 times per week I replace it with Befine's Exfoliating Cleanser). I follow it up with Befine's Firming Toner and Befine's Daily Moisturizer. For makeup, I start with Laura Geller's Spackle Tinted Under Make-up Primer in Bronze, I follow that with Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation, and then set it with Mary Kay's Mineral Powder Foundation. For eyes I use Mary Kay's Cream Eye Color in Vanilla (discontinued color, although Beach Blonde is similar). I then use a mixture from my e.l.f. palette, followed by my Maybelline's Falsies Mascara. I also usually use Estee Lauder's Signature Silky Powder Blush in Pink Kiss.


Evening: For washing my face, I follow the same routine as the morning and then I follow it up with Befine's Night Cream instead of the Daily Moisturizer.



26. An item from your wishlist:Befine's Cooling Peel-off Mask. Can you tell I like Befine?

27. Your favorite skincare product:Befine's Exfoliating Cleanser, hands down. The BEST skincare product out there and it isn't used by NEARLY enough people. It smells incredible, is moisturizing, and makes your face so smooth and soft.

28. Top beauty item you can't live without:That'd be Befine's Exfoliating Cleanser. I honestly really love it.

29. Photo of a makeup look you would love to try out:
I'm game for anything. And it's 3:30 in the morning and I don't feel like looking for something, haha.

30. Your favorite nail polish:OPI's Fair Dinkum Pinkum. It's a very nude-ish pink nail polish. It's subtle but also makes a nice girly statement with little hints of glitter.

2 comments:

  1. Where can you buy Befine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy most Befine products from Ulta or Amazon. And if you're a subscriber to Birchbox (which you should be!), you can buy a few of the products there too. And, of course, you can buy all their products on their website (www.befine.com).

    ReplyDelete