Saturday, October 29, 2011

October Favorites

Ten favorites from the month of October.


  • Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner
    • I came across this deep conditioner a few weeks ago. My hair has been a dry, dull, hot mess since I had a hair color fiasco back in January. I had tried many homemade deep conditioners and hair masks and had also tried out many different store conditioners and shampoos. Nothing seemed to work, though. That is until I came across this product. It's incredible. My hair is almost completely back to how it was before I damaged it. Not to mention that it smells incredible. The best part? It's only $3!
  • Laura Geller's Spackle Tinted Under Make-up Primer (in bronze)
    • I always thought that make-up primer was a waste of money. Beauty gurus always raved about so many different ones, but they were all so pricey! I love make-up, but I do not love spending a lot of money. I got this as a sample in my October Birchbox and immediately fell in love. My make-up goes on much easier and it stays on longer. And, since I don't like spending a lot of money on make-up, I was pleased to find out that, although it costs about $30, you get a huge bottle of it. Definitely worth the price. 
  • Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple body wash
    • I had a coupon for a free regular-sized Signature Collection item with any purchase, so me being the cheap person I am, I just bought a travel-sized item in order to get the regular-sized item. For the travel-sized item I bought the Winter Candy Apple body wash. I don't have the words to describe how amazing it smells. It's the perfect blend of sweet, fresh, and holiday scents. I will definitely be going back soon to get the full-size bottle. 
  • Kelly Clarkson's newest album Stronger 
    • On the day of this album's release it was only $4.99 on Amazon which is a deal I just can't resist. It's an absolutely brilliant album from start to finish. The title song "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)" is one of the best songs I've ever heard. It's no longer $4.99, but, in my opinion, it's worth full-price. 
  • Befine's Firming Toner with Ginger and Willow Bark
    • My love for Befine products is definitely no secret. I've never seen the point in toners, but when I was at Ulta a few weeks ago picking up the Befine Daily Moisturizer, I came across the toner, which I'd seen, but now it was in a double-pack, combined with the Gentle Cleanser for the price of only the toner. So with the power of my love for Befine and my love for great deals, I couldn't pass it up. Definitely a purchase I don't regret. The toner is amazing. It's made with ginger so it almost feels like you're rubbing a very clean (and sugar-free) version of Ginger Ale on your face. It gives a fresh, tingly feeling that I just love. 
  • Harvest Pumpkin Cookies
    • I got this recipe from my friend Angie and, since we basically enjoy all of the same things, I figured I would enjoy these. And, let me tell you, I definitely did. So good. I've already made them once and I'm about to spend the rest of my night making them again. They're super-easy and also super-delicious. 
  • OPI's Fair Dinkum Pinkum Nail Lacquer
    • I found this nail polish in my collection and I have zero memory of how or when I got it, but I'm so glad I found it. When you look at it in the bottle it looks like a pretty boring pale pink, but when you put it on you realize it's this incredibly beautiful nude-ish pink with hints of sparkle. I say sparkle instead of glitter because I think there's a huge difference, and this definitely has sparkle, not glitter. It has definitely become my new favorite, taking the spot from Sally Hansen's Slick Slate.
  • BiorĂ© Self-Heating Mask
    • This mask is perfect for relaxing, especially as it starts to get colder outside. The heat in it feels amazing. Not to mention it smells amazing and makes your face feel super clean afterwards. 
  • Doctor Who
    • After almost 2 years of being a self-proclaimed Doctor Who-hater, I finally started liking it. I had tried watching Doctor Who many, many times. I'd even watched almost the entire first season, but I hated it so much, but it seemed to be overtaking the world and almost all of my friends were watching it and I was like "Okay, well, there must be something good about it if all of these people I respect like it". It definitely took me at least another whole season to finally get into it, but once I did there was no turning back. I even joked with my friends not to let me turn into "one of those annoying Doctor Who fans I hate". Well, they didn't hold up their end of that bargain because I am definitely one of those fans now. I have no regrets though. So, so, so, so, SO glad I finally gave it another chance. 
  • How Not to Write a Novel: 200 Classic Mistakes and How to Avoid Them - A Misstep-by-Misstep Guide by Howard Mittelmark
    • I'll be starting NaNoWriMo on Monday so I've been reading this to help me get ready. I've owned the book for about 4 years now, but I had never actually read it. It's incredibly useful. I enjoy how it doesn't tell you what TO do, but instead tells you what NOT to do, which works much better, because there isn't really a formula for writing a bestseller, but there are definitely things you can do to make sure your novel won't be a bestseller. Highly recommend this to anyone who 1) wants to write and/or 2) is doing NaNoWriMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment