Thursday, December 29, 2011

December Birchbox



It's no secret that I love Birchbox, and I've been meaning to do box reviews on here for a couple months, but I'm always too excited about opening the box and digging into all the goodies to take the time to write a post about them or take pictures of the box. This month, though, I did take the extra time. 



Reviews of each product:

Benefit's POREfessional Primer
Birchbox's Description: Camouflage visible pores with this velvety face primer. The translucent works wonders beneath makeup.
My Thoughts: I actually haven't had the chance to try this out yet, despite having it for a couple weeks now. I'm just so obsessed with my Laura Geller Spackle Primer. I'll try it out eventually, but I'm not too interested in looking for another primer right now.

Harvey Prince Yogini Perfume
Birchbox's Description: Take a deep breath and relax with this calming scent. Notes of sandalwood, Egyptian myrrh, and grapefruit will help you feel as good as you smell.
My thoughts: Not a fan. I originally thought I would be when I read the description and then tested it out the first time, but after wearing it a couple times, I decided I definitely wasn't a fan of the scent. I'm sure it will work for some people, but it's just not the type of scent I'm typically attracted to (although the description makes it sound like it would be). 

Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink 
Birchbox's Description: We teamed up with one of our favorite brands to create this custom fuchsia shade. Apply one coat for semi-sheer pigment, or build it for a hot pink pout.
My thoughts: Jouer is one of my favorites when it comes to lip products. I use their Lip Enhancer obsessively. This lip gloss is wonderful and has just the perfect amount of pink tint to it. Super moisturizing, too!

Olîe Biologique 004 Huile Moderne Oil
Birchbox's Description: Five organic essential oils - including argan, rosehip, and bergamot - team up to moisturize face, body, and hair. A true superhero product for the winter months. 
My thoughts: I LOVE this! I love oil in general when it comes to beauty products. I have damaged hair, dry skin, and a dry face so oil is my lifesaver sometimes. This oil smells very earthy and, although it took some getting used to, I love it! I love putting this on my face about once a week to replenish it. 

ShowStoppers Fashion Tape
Birchbox's Description: Celeb stylists swear by these double-sided tape strips, which will ensure that your party dress stays perfectly in place.
My thoughts: I haven't used these yet just because I haven't had any use for them, but I'm sure they'll come in handy someday.

EBoost Orange Natural Energy Booster
Birchbox's Description: Bounce back post-party with this tangy citrus energy booster, packed with a mega-dose of nutrients.
My thoughts: I really liked this. Pretty similar to Emergen-C, which I also really like. The difference, I think, is that EBoost offers the energy boost, which I really liked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment