Friday, December 30, 2011

December Favorites

Before I begin, I feel I must warn you that this month's favorites post contains a lot of Lush products. Well, three, but I think that's quite a bit considering that the list is only 9 things long. Anyway, this month's favorites include a few things that I got for Christmas, but I thought I'd include them because I really, really love them and, even though I've only had a few days to use them, I know they're going to be favorites for a very long time.

1. LUSH's Sympathy for the Skin Hand & Body Cream I don't think I can even do this lotion justice, but I'll give it my best shot. I'd seen a lot about Lush products on YouTube and I really wanted to give it a try, but since it wasn't something I wanted to buy for myself, I put it on my Christmas list (I also included Ocean Salt and some other lotion that I can't remember the name of right now). Well, I suppose my parents thought I needed this because both my mom and dad each got me one. At first I thought I would return one of the pots and get something else, but I love this lotion so much that I knew I'd need the second pot soon enough. I love that it's all natural and made with real bananas, and I thought the banana smell would be overpowering, but it's not at all. It's absolutely perfect. It definitely has a hint of bananas, but not so much that you'd smell like crap if you lathered it on your skin and then added some perfume. The best part? It actually works! I've noticed a huge difference!

2. LUSH's Aqua Marina Cleanser I got this as a sample with one of my pots of Sympathy for the Skin and I LOVE it. When I saw that it had seaweed in it, I was definitely put off by it, but I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I thought it'd have a very fishy smell to it, but it doesn't at all. It does have an ocean-y smell to it, but more like a nice breeze blowing on the beach as opposed to dead fish. It's absolutely perfect. It leaves my face feeling super clean and I can't get enough of the smell!

3. LUSH's Bohemian Soap This was another sample with one of my lotions and I love it! I've been wanting to try it because missglamorazzi talks about them a lot, but, again, it wasn't something I wanted to buy for myself. I'm a sucker for fresh, citrus, or lemon scents, and this scent is like you took a lemon and shaped it into a bar of soap. Super fresh and light.

5. Essential Elements Vanilla & Sandalwood candle Sandalwood is one of my favorite scents ever so I couldn't pass a candle like this buy. Not to mention it's super fragrant, lasts a long time, and is reasonably priced.

6. Ecotools finishing brush This is another one of my Christmas gifts, but I love it. It's super soft and works wonders. Plus, the bristles are cruelty free and good for the environment so it's completely guilt free.

7. Olîe Biologique Huile Moderne Oil I got this in my December Birchbox and I am obsessed. It took me awhile to get used to the smell (it's very earthy), but I love it now. I love putting it on my face once a week to help keep it moisturized. The best part is that it's totally versatile and you can use it on your body, your face, or your hair. Plus, it's all natural!

8. Maybelline New York Volum' Express Falsies Flared Mascara I've been using the regular Maybelline Falsies Mascara for years and it's my favorite by far, but I decided to try the Flare this time and I really, really like it. It definitely adds a little something extra that the regular Falsies Mascara didn't.

9. Jean Pierre Daily Cleansing Towelettes I had been thinking about trying out facial cleansing wipes for quite some time now, but they always seemed so expensive, but when I came across these at Ulta for Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off, I couldn't pass it up. They work really well, too! The leave my face feeling very clean and it makes taking my makeup off really easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment