Thursday, December 1, 2011

November Favorites

My November favorites are pretty limited because I wasted all of my money on stupid things instead of worthwhile things, but here they are:


  • Revlon Copper Penny Nail Enamel
    • I first saw this on MissGlamorazzi's blog and immediately fell in love. I've never been much for metallic nail polishes, but this one caught my eye. After buying it and putting it on my nails, I was definitely not disappointed. It really was like pouring liquid copper on your nails! In MissGlamorazzi's review, she said it chipped easily, but I didn't have that issue. I didn't even put a top coat on mine and they stayed almost perfect for 2 weeks, which is just unheard of in my opinion. Especially when you consider that I'm one of those people who washes their hands obsessively. Revlon is definitely one of the best drugstore nail polishes and Copper Penny just further proves that.
  • Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee Cologne Absolue
    • I am obsessed with this fragrance. I received it in my November Birchbox and fell in love. I was disappointed to find out that it's about $170 for a 200 ml (6.8 oz) bottle of it, but I also understood it, because this fragrance is magical. It's sweet, but it's musky. It's warm, but it's floral. It's so hard to explain. I think Birchbox does it well. "Unlike most vanilla scents, this highly concentrated blend of jasmine, vanilla, and lime is fresh, not sweet . . . Top notes of bright lime and coriander mingle with middle notes of jasmine and oak moss. Madagascar vanilla and amber notes anchor the scent." It is the perfect scent for late fall/winter. Since I only have the sample sized bottle I've been trying to use it very sparingly, but sometimes I just can't resist. It also helps that a little bit goes a long way! If I had $170 to spare, I would definitely use it on this. 
  • Bath & Body Works Paris Amour Body Spray
    • If you're looking for a much cheaper fragrance, I've been using Bath and Body Works Paris Amour Body Spray. I got it as a free gift with coupon, and I'm so glad I did! Bath and Body Works describes it as "a dreamy blend of French tulips, apple blossoms, and sparkling pink champagne, inspired by a romantic stroll through the streets of paris". The only problem I have with this description is that it leaves out a huge chunk of the scent, which is the warm vanilla and amber notes. That's one of my favorite things about this scent, it's floral, but it's also very warm and perfect for the winter. 
  • Matched by Aly Condie
    • You can check out my review of this book here
  • e.l.f. 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette
    • I refuse to believe that you have to spend a lot of money to have a high quality product and e.l.f.'s eyeshadow palettes are some of my favorite examples of that. This palette has every color you could ever want or need to make whatever look you'd like. It's a nice mix of different kinds too and they're all very pigmented. All for only $10. You can't go wrong.
  • Turkey!
    • Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love cooking, I love eating, I love having days off of work, and I love family and I get all of those things on Thanksgiving. I especially enjoyed the little turkey cupcakes I made, and you can click here to see my post about them as soon as I put it up :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment