Sunday, December 25, 2011

Easy, Last-Minute Holiday Truffles

I have been craving truffles like nobody's business lately, so when I had to make a treat for work (unfortunately, I had to work Christmas Eve), I made these little guys. They're super easy and only take 4 ingredients!

Ingredients: 
1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese (softened)
3 cups of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1.5 bags)
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Beat cream until smooth. Slowly beat in powdered sugar. Once the powdered sugar and cream cheese are combined completely and smooth, add the melted chocolate and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Refrigerate for an hour or so. Roll into 1-inch balls (bigger or smaller, depending on your preference). Once you've rolled them into balls, you are pretty free as to wear you'd like to go with them. For mine, I did a mixture of truffles rolled in cocoa, powdered sugar, melted peanut butter chips, sprinkles, and crushed almonds. I also added in a few with dyed white chocolate. Get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment