Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review of Crossed by Ally Condie

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.
In my words: Crossed picks up where Matched left off - Ky has been taken to the Outer Provinces to his death and Cassia has vowed to find him. The book follows Cassia on this journey to find Ky. She journeys around the Society, first from her home province, to the Farmlands, to work camps near the Outer Provinces, to the Outer Provinces, all the way out past the edge of Society. She journeys past the edge of Society to find Ky, but ends up finding new friends, a strength within her she didn't know she had, and possibly a way to change the world around her, but will she lose Ky? And what secret does Xander have? And why does Ky keeping it?

My rating: 5/5

My thoughts: Before I even finished reading Matched, I ordered Crossed. And, let me tell you, it did not disappoint. Every time I thought I knew what was going to happen, I was proven wrong. The scenery stays relatively the same throughout the whole book, but, it's interesting and beautiful scenery, so it makes it okay. Like I said in my Matched review, I'm a sucker for mysterious characters, especially attractive ones that you also pity a bit, and there were quite a few in Crossed! If there's one thing Ally Condie can do, she can write a hell of a mysterious character! The only downfall that I can see? I have to wait a whole freaking year for the next one!

Published: November 1, 2011
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile 
Pages: 367

No comments:

Post a Comment